About Me

My photo
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States

7/07/2003

Kim Komando's PDA Preference

I just found a great write up about PDAs; I thought I'd share part of it.


PDAs are fun little gadgets. But I found it very difficult to create any content in Word or Excel using a stylus. Of course, you can always buy a fold-up keyboard and type away at normal speed. Still, in my opinion, it's very difficult to edit anything on a 3-inch screen. It's even more difficult to edit something using only a stylus.

Personally, I prefer the Pocket PC because the Windows system is familiar. Its handwriting-recognition program is fantastic and I was able to pick it up and start writing immediately. Learning the Palm's Graffiti seemed as difficult as learning the Russian alphabet might be. It's just not very intuitive.

I like the idea of a hybrid cell phone/PDA. I would bet that a majority of owners probably only use their PDAs to store phone numbers or to play games when stranded at the airport. It makes sense to combine the two handheld products into one.

But when it comes to full-fledged business applications, you can't beat the power of a real laptop computer.


Source: http://www.bcentral.com/articles/komando/129.asp

No comments: